"From a social point of view, there are no particular issues that I expect to be chasing down. [19], In November 2021, Speirs contested the deputy party leader and Deputy Premier ballot, but lost to Dan van Holst Pellekaan. But when contacted by InDaily, Speirs insisted the proposed changes to land tax aggregation a budget measure billed as closing a loophole for owners of multiple parcels of land would not affect him as he didnt own the land through trusts or businesses. Former environment minister David Speirs has been elected as the new leader of the Liberal Party in South Australia. David Speirs University of Strathclyde View Scopus Profile David Speirs Dr Research Fellow, Physics SUPA https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5705-6126 Phone 01415483176 Email david.c.speirs @ strath.ac. Once in a Blue Moon by David Pringle & Fraser Speirs, released 14 September 2021 1. He worked in senior and principal policy development positions within the state Cabinet Office, in the Department of the Premier and Cabinet, between 2008 and 2014. It was fantastic to visit the National Wine Centre this week with Jing Lee, Shadow Minister for Tourism , It was a big trip to the Limestone Coast this week, and Mount Gambier - the second largest city in South Australia - was the focal point of our Liberal , Check out this stunning work by Vanessa Kate Sumner. Support independent We acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the First Australians and Traditional Custodians of the lands where we live, learn, and work. He has talked up his progressive credentials, particularly during his four years as environment minister, which saw the ban of single-use plastics rolled out. Some generational change came with Mr Marshall, who with Ms Chapman as his deputy, managed to stabilise the leadership without change or challenge from 2013 until last month's election loss. In are Nicola Centofanti, Jing Lee, Matt Cowdrey, Heidi Girolamo and first-termers Ashton Hurn, Penny Pratt and Sam Telfer. South Australian Opposition Leader David Speirs has shared footage of his car being aggressively tailgated by a P-plater. InDaily attempted to again contact Speirs who is a member of the Governments Budget Cabinet Committee asking whether he was aware that properties held by spouses would be subject to a different aggregation regime under the planned changes, and whether he maintained the changes would not affect him. Mr Speirscomprehensively won the ballot, securing 18 votes to Josh Teague's five and Nick McBride's one. I think many Liberal supporters would be shocked the week the termination laws come into play, [theyre] actively white-anting that work.. Not Spears, as in Brittany Spears. [4], During his time with Sky News, Speers hosted the channel's flagship PM Agenda program Monday to Thursday afternoons. "Which occurred not because of one major issue but a number of things that built up a head of steam over a period of a couple of years," Mr Speirs said on Wednesday. The election loss has presented an opportunity for a significant shake-up of the now-shadow cabinet from the line-up that served for four years in government. david speirs partner. Women will be able to access medical abortions through telehealth at up to nine weeks gestation, and surgical abortion up to 22 weeks and six days. "I look forward to the future and watching the Liberal Party progress further under theguidance of a new leader," he said. If you want to invest in my Birth Place of state Uttar Pradesh, India. Get InDaily in your inbox. We need to activate a new generation to rise up and fight for the human rights of the unborn and for greater support and proper health care for their mothers.. SAs laws were passed more than a year ago, after lengthy debate, a series of amendments, and a conscience vote. More than 15 years ago, a deal put former factional and family rivals Iain Evans and Vickie Chapman on the same ticket. Find company research, competitor information, contact details & financial data for Speirs Plumbing, Inc. of Old Lyme, CT. Get the latest business insights from Dun & Bradstreet. David Speirs first profession was a surf lifesaver at Brighton. David Speirs State Liberal Leader Greater Adelaide Area. Attention PhD students! Nor I-before-E Spiers. In March 2019, our brand new hotel . Were a pretty centrist country by and large, he said on Tuesday at a press conference after he resoundingly won a party room ballot. . Former South Australian environment minister David Speirs has promised to "rebuild the Liberal Party," after being elected its new leader at a joint partyroom meeting this morning. [1] Speirs served as the Minister for Environment and Water in the Marshall Ministry between March 2018 and March 2022. Sign up to receive an email with the top stories from Guardian Australia every morning. Carleton University. His mother is his biggest personal inspiration, and he would be forever grateful for all his mother has done for him. The new South Australian Opposition Leader hasnt disclosed much about his marriage with his wife. The Speirs Group, +1 more David Speirs Director Regional Relationships - Waikato / Bay of Plenty at Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency . Ms Centofanti said she believed the party did "very well" in encouraging women to stand for leadership positions. Combined, that is actually going to have one massive slug on anybody that actually owns investment properties, she said. The Methodist Central Hall, in Gauze Street, is to get almost 250,000 from the Heritage Lottery Fund to allow it to carry out urgent repairs to the more than 100-year-old building. Let me know. Apr 19, 2022 - 2.10pm Share David Speirs, who grew up in Scotland and migrated to Australia with his parents in 2002 when he was 17-years-old, vowed he would not be just a "seat warmer" as the. In 2010, Speirs was elected to represent Coastal Ward in the City of Marion. I am proud of what we were able to achieve to make our state a better place including things such as record employment, Adelaide being recognised as the third most liveable city in the world and establishing South Australia as our nations space and defence state, Mr Marshall said. Previously he was political editor at Sky News Australia, as well as host of PM Agenda, The Last Word and Speers Tonight . He represented Bright until 2018 and then Black following a redistribution of electoral boundaries. Mr Speirs has taken over the shadow road safety portfolio in the interim before someone else is appointed. Speers has also written regular articles for financial website Switzer. At 37 years and four months, he's become the South Australian Liberal Party's youngest-ever leader, pipping Steele Hall and John Olsen. See the complete profile on LinkedIn and discover David's connections and jobs at similar companies. Representing my local electorate and all South Australians is the , South Australia proudly boasts some of the best wine in the world. Anyone working towards their PhD and want to come work with us? Full stats of both players in all time I dont think there are significant divisions in this party at all. But it emerged late on Tuesday that Ms Chapman intended to quit politics in late May, forcing a by-election in the seat of Bragg which she has held for 20 years. Spouses and partners who jointly hold investment properties could face higher land tax bills under the Marshall Governments controversial aggregation reforms and one of its own ministers could be burned by the changes. Speirs social media accounts suggest that he has two children a son and a daughter. I have no doubt that my commitment to community development and my desire to be involved in public service was sparked during my upbringing in this intensely tight knit community where everyone pitched in to keep the community ticking along. It also calls into question how acutely the Marshall cabinet understands the reach of the proposed reforms. Partner @ Bentley Jennison. This service may include material from Agence France-Presse (AFP), APTN, Reuters, AAP, CNN and the BBC World Service which is copyright and cannot be reproduced. [24][25], "Transcript of television interview Speers Tonight, SKY News", "Insiders left without a host until 2020", "WINNERS ANNOUNCED FOR 2006 ASTRA AWARDS", "AstraAwards.com is for sale (Astra Awards)", "ASTRA Awards 2015: Wentworth, Sky News among winners", "Dedicated pay-TV awards scrapped, as ASTRA joins rest of industry in the AACTA Awards scheme", "The 50 most powerful people in Australian television, from screen stars to show makers", "AACTA Awards 2017: Utopia, Little Lunch in early wins", "Dr Mumbo at the ASTRA Awards: Speers blows his own trumpet", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=David_Speers&oldid=1136381766, This page was last edited on 30 January 2023, at 01:53. Log in. 07:55, 2 Mar 2022. ", "The South Australian Government Gazette, 22 March 2018, No. Accordingly, I reject the claim that this provides abortion to birth as promoted.. Find David's email address, mobile number, work history, and more. The Liberal leader got a team member who was in the car with him to film the incident, which he said went on for 15 minutes. "The full shadow cabinet is expected to be announced later this week. The register of members interests also details a significant property portfolio held by fellow frontbencher Dan van Holst Pellekaan, including residential property in Wilmington, three commercial properties in Port Augusta and a Payneham unit. In October 2014, Speirs was appointed to the Parliaments Economic and Finance Committee. June 29, 2022; creative careers quiz; ken thompson net worth unix . Ain't Nobody's Business 3. As leader of the State Liberals, David is passionate about a bright future for SA. david speirs partner. Having a , Take a little virtual tour of Parliament House with me! Mr Speirs downplayed the long-standing factional tensions in the SA Liberal Party between the moderates and the conservatives. He also lists two family trusts under his investments disclosure. Additionally, he presented political updates and conducts interviews throughout the day on the 24-hour news channel. For the Australian journalist, see, (as Minister for Sustainability, Environment and Conservation and as Minister for Water and the River Murray), (as Minister for Climate, Environment and Water), previously Liberal and Country League (SA), Leader of the Opposition in South Australia, "SA election: Who's who in the new South Australian Liberal Government? On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. molar enthalpy of combustion of methanol. He represented Bright until 2018 and then Black following a redistribution of electoral boundaries. Opponents claimed the availability of late-term abortions was akin to abortion [up] to birth. Check compare for players: Ross Forbes vs Kian Speirs. By continuing to use our site you are agreeing to our, Tuberculosis outbreak declared in SA's APY Lands, VIDEO: Murder arrests | Medindie Hotel carjacking, SA rollout for electric car charging network. However, my dedication to the process slipped . Bei Erweiterung erscheint eine Liste mit Suchoptionen, die die Sucheingaben so ndern, dass sie zur aktuellen Auswahl passen. [6], Speirs entered the South Australian Parliament in March 2014, defeating Chlo Fox, Labor's Minister for Transport Services. Mr Speirs said he worked hard to buy his first home, and has added to his portfolio over several years. Liberal Party state president Legh Davis has been sent an email - seen by InDaily - by a parishioner from an Adelaide Pentecostal church, complaining that a senior Liberal has been "using my church to take over your party". "It is a slightly different structure," Mr Speirs said as he unveiled his new team on Thursday. David Spears, a founding partner of Spears & Imes LLP, concentrates in complex civil, criminal, and regulatory litigation. David Speirs is a happily married man. From opposition, I don't think that's necessary.". Il permet de dtailler la liste des options de recherche, qui modifieront les termes saisis pour correspondre la slection actuelle. Environment Minister David Speirs holds a significant portfolio of eight investment properties, as detailed in state parliaments register of members interests, including property in Kingston Park, Oaklands Park, Mitcham, Christies Beach and Inman Valley. For more details, check out the full posting here: This button displays the currently selected search type. ), 3/1 Zwerner Drive, Hallett Cove Professional Centre, Hallett Cove 5158, A Justice of the Peace service is available from 9.30 to 11.30am Tuesdays and Fridays, phone ahead to avoid disappointment, Authorisedby DavidSpeirsMP - MemberforBlack - State Liberal Leader - 3/1 Zwerner Drive, Hallett Cove Professional Centre, Hallett Cove 5158 /, seven members call regional South Australia home. [11], Between 2006 and 2015, Speers has been awarded with an ASTRA Award for "outstanding performance" by a presenter or journalist every year with the exception of 2010. After his election as the leader of the Liberal party, he said: I am confident the Liberal Party will return to Government in 2026 to achieve the best outcomes for South Australians. [16][17] Speers won the same award at the 2015 event (which Speers also hosted) for his notable "The Fixer" interview with Christopher Pyne on PM Agenda. Find contact information for Geoff Speirs, including phone and fax number, email and more. Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The best local news every workday at lunch time. David Speirs Owner, The Speirs Group Kilmarnock. In 2020, Speers released the book On Mutiny (.mw-parser-output cite.citation{font-style:inherit;word-wrap:break-word}.mw-parser-output .citation q{quotes:"\"""\"""'""'"}.mw-parser-output .citation:target{background-color:rgba(0,127,255,0.133)}.mw-parser-output .id-lock-free a,.mw-parser-output .citation .cs1-lock-free a{background:url("//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/Lock-green.svg")right 0.1em center/9px no-repeat}.mw-parser-output .id-lock-limited a,.mw-parser-output .id-lock-registration a,.mw-parser-output .citation .cs1-lock-limited a,.mw-parser-output .citation .cs1-lock-registration a{background:url("//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d6/Lock-gray-alt-2.svg")right 0.1em center/9px no-repeat}.mw-parser-output .id-lock-subscription a,.mw-parser-output .citation .cs1-lock-subscription a{background:url("//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/aa/Lock-red-alt-2.svg")right 0.1em center/9px no-repeat}.mw-parser-output .cs1-ws-icon a{background:url("//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4c/Wikisource-logo.svg")right 0.1em center/12px no-repeat}.mw-parser-output .cs1-code{color:inherit;background:inherit;border:none;padding:inherit}.mw-parser-output .cs1-hidden-error{display:none;color:#d33}.mw-parser-output .cs1-visible-error{color:#d33}.mw-parser-output .cs1-maint{display:none;color:#3a3;margin-left:0.3em}.mw-parser-output .cs1-format{font-size:95%}.mw-parser-output .cs1-kern-left{padding-left:0.2em}.mw-parser-output .cs1-kern-right{padding-right:0.2em}.mw-parser-output .citation .mw-selflink{font-weight:inherit}ISBN9780733644146) which covered the removal of Malcolm Turnbull as prime minister. Changes to this tax will obviously change that at a time when we have a rising vacancy rate.. David Speirs is a happily married man. Former South Australian environment minister David Speirs has promised to "rebuild the Liberal Party," after beingelected its new leader ata joint partyroom meeting this morning. Samantha E Speirs Other occupants: Samantha E Speirs View 16 David Speirs ER 2011 Arlesey, Bedfordshire, SG15. Factionally, there's also more balance between moderate and conservativeMPs in the shadow line-up. Stephen Speirs Storage Expert Contact Me. But dotted across the island are also places of fantastic history. Gee Baby 5. Former education minister John Gardner was elected deputy opposition leader. Jason Lee Security Expert Contact Me. Soul Serenade 8. Most importantly, I want to advocate for and represent all South Australians. [21], Speirs is an active lifesaver at the Brighton Surf Lifesaving Club and has a strong interest in health and fitness. He has turned the tables on Labor, suggesting its. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The Liberal leader, David Speirs along with three others from his shadow ministry, the Labor minister Clare Scriven and other political leaders will feature in a training day aimed at activating a new generation to rise up and fight for the human rights of the unborn. 'Energy, enthusiasm, experience': SA Liberals unveil shadow cabinet after crushing election loss, David Speirs extends olive branch to former SA Liberal MPs, as Bragg voters prepare for third election, David Speirs stands by Murray-Darling Basin decisions, says 'heavy lifting' sits with other states, Former environment minister David Speirs elected SA Liberal leader, Rare sighting of bird 'like Beyonce, Prince and Elvis all turning up at once', Emily was studying law when she had to go to court. Chapman told Guardian Australia she rejected that idea: The parliament has decided this matter is best dealt with as a health issue and not the criminal sanction model. Select Accept to consent or Reject to decline non-essential cookies for this use. Weekends and school holidays were spent running amok at my grandparents dairy farm, which later became a deer farm. . The director leading the firm's southern operations believes in listening before speaking and learning from mistakes. Please Register on this link below: https://lnkd.in/gbwvweyG UP Global Investors I was born on a sub-zero December day in the town of Stranraer, in the ancient region of Galloway, an off-the-beaten-track agricultural district on in Scotlands south western corner. Deputy Mayor, City of Marion, South Australia & The Duke of Edinburgh's Award in Australia Board Director. Of the 13, six properties are co-owned with one or two other people. VILLAGE PARTNER WITH YOUNG BRISTOL . Mr Speirs says the party can win the next election in 2026. Mr Marshall will stay on as the MP for Dunstan after narrowly winning that seat in inner eastern Adelaide on March 19. David Starbuck. Born in Scotland, David Speirs is an Australian politician who has been the leader of the Liberal Party since April 19, 2022. 20, Supplementary Gazette", "Speaking out at APEC Voices of the Future", Parliament's Economic and Finance Committee, "Here's the team steering SA's first Liberal Government in 16 years", "10 South Australian reservoir reserves that are now open to the public", "$5 Million Boost to Green Adelaide's CBD", "Landscape changes for natural resource management", "glenthorn national park abc news - Search", "SA announces 'grand initiative' to create Australia's largest national park", "South Australia becomes first state to ban single-use plastics", "SA Mining and Energy Minister Dan van Holst Pellekaan is officially SA's new Deputy Premier", "Former environment minister David Speirs elected SA Liberal leader", Liberal Party of Australia (South Australian Division), https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=David_Speirs&oldid=1141331051, Members of the South Australian House of Assembly, Liberal Party of Australia members of the Parliament of South Australia, Short description is different from Wikidata, Use Australian English from September 2016, All Wikipedia articles written in Australian English, Articles with unsourced statements from May 2022, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 24 February 2023, at 14:37. David Mariuz. Previously he was political editor at Sky News Australia, as well as host of PM Agenda, The Last Word and Speers Tonight. Im not about keeping the seat warm for the future. He got elevated to Steven Marshalls Shadow Cabinet as Shadow Cabinet Secretary in January 2016. InDaily asked Van Holst Pellekaan whether he expected to pay more land tax under the Government crackdown and, if so, whether he would consider selling property. David Speers is the award-winning Political Editor at Sky News and anchor of agenda-setting political programs SPEERS and SPEERS on Sunday on Sky News Live. daily morning and afternoon email newsletters. He is also the host of PM Agenda, and host of The Nation. Robert Simms described the reforms as a sensible and equitable measure that closes loopholes in our taxation system. AEST = Australian Eastern Standard Time which is 10 hours ahead of GMT (Greenwich Mean Time), abc.net.au/news/who-is-new-sa-liberal-opposition-leader-david-speirs/100999690, Help keep family & friends informed by sharing this article, Australia's biggest drug bust: $1 billion worth of cocaine linked to Mexican cartel intercepted, Four in hospital after terrifying home invasion by gang armed with machetes, knives, hammer, 'We have got the balance right': PM gives Greens' super demands short shrift, Crowd laughs as Russia's foreign minister claims Ukraine war 'was launched against us', The tense, 10-minute meeting that left Russia's chief diplomat smoking outside in the blazing sun, 'Celebrity leaders': Mike Pompeo, Nikki Haley take veiled jabs at Donald Trump in CPAC remarks, Hong Kong court convicts three members of Tiananmen vigil group for security offence, as publisher behind Xi biography released, 'How dare they': Possum Magic author hits out at 'ridiculous' Roald Dahl edits, Vanuatu hit by two cyclones and twin earthquakes in two days. Meanwhile, the last time the Liberals regained office from Labor after one term in opposition was in March 1968, a result made possible with the support of Riverland independent Tom Stott. Im about giving this job my all, he said.
1961 All American Basketball Team, How To Get Op Armor In Minecraft With Commands, Can I Get A Tattoo Before Gallbladder Surgery, Articles D