Just before you come into the lounge is the 24-hour tea and coffee making facilities. With this in mind, weve put together this Viking River Cruise packing list, loaded with helpful cruise packing tips to help you get ready for yourriver cruise or even your first Viking Ocean Cruise. But dont forget that the return US customs and immigration questionnaire asks whether you have visited any farms. Depending on your stateroom category, laundry services, including pressing, may be complimentary. Thank you, Katherine! . When do you feel is the best time to book? I am very happy to find this website! Whether at an airport or on a shore excursion, throw a few in your bag, and you will never get caught out. Bring lingerie bags for small items. Here are Backroad Planet's Top 11 amenities! Most river cruises are between 7 to 15 days. If you are travelling as a couple, we recommend taking one large suitcase or bag between you for a cruise and one carry on bag each. For optional excursions, I did the cheese factory tour in Kinderdijk because I had been there twice before. They say . A selection of fine pastries appeared at the station during the morning hours, replaced with addictive cookies in the afternoon, but by the evening hours,when we really wanteda late-night snack, they were all put away. There are no laundry services or facilities offered onboard any of CroisiEuropes ships. Thanks! You can modify your excursions once you are onboard, if needed. Each has 2 washers & dryers with 2 half size fold down ironing boards with irons. While many consider cruising to be quite a relaxed or even sedentaryway to travel, river cruises are quite the opposite. A hard suitcase is ok; just make sure it is not so big you have trouble sliding it under the bed as there is limited space inside the cabin. The two ships were launched in 2015 and are shorter, have one less deck, and carry about 50 percent fewer passengers than the Viking Longships sailing other European rivers. But yes, there is a self serve laundry on decks 3, 4, 5 and 6. Couldn't sleep last night. Your email address will not be published. We did the Grand European, as well, and it was our favorite because you get to visit so many countries along the Rhine, Main, and Danube. Hey, I even fell in love with your cabin steward Jonathanhe was always smiling and cheerful and just a shining light every day! The ever-present cruise pianistprovided relaxing background music, as well as accompaniment for singing and dancing in the evening. Your email address will not be published. Viking river cruise amenities are designed to pamper passengers with the ultimate in creature comforts. April 26, 2019, My Viking River Cruises Longships Review and Ship Tour. I agree that Attila was a wonderful hotel manager who truly cared for all of his guests. A scarf or shawl is great for layering in minor changes in weather and a must if cruising in the winter months. The Design of Viking Longships. Viking staff members were always at their postsas our tour groups left the ship each day. There is the lighter lunch here, and in the evenings, it has the same menu as the restaurant. Hi, Laura! If you find you need more charging space for cameras, phones or even a laptop, we recommend bringing apower strip from your home country. The suite choices on Viking ships also are relatively easy to understand. You may not be able to get a replacement should you forget one. We are looking forward to our very first cruise the Grand European Cruise- and your blog was very helpful. River cruise cabins may not be as spacious as a hotel room or on an ocean-going vessel, so you dont want to clutter it with unnecessary stuff. Most people associate river cruising with Europe but you may have chosen a river cruise in China, Vietnam or even Egypt. Greetings, love all topics about Viking River Cruises. Both the washer and dryer work. The French balconies have floor-to-ceiling windows, but they dont have a separate balcony, but you do have great views and (of course) you can open the windows to get lots of fresh air. If I could at least get undies washed while aboard I could save a lot of suitcase space. Ladies, forget your fabulously bulky shoulder tote bag that looks great in any season. The frontpage of eachViking Daily featuresa detailed schedule of the nextdays activities, whilethe remaining three pages provide history and background of daily destinations, cultural mini-lessons,local fast facts, and additional things to see and do while in port. Our stateroom steward Jonathan with his ever-cheerfulsmile and gentle spirit brightened the entire upper deck. Established cruise agencies have access to special rates and can help you monitor fares and promotions so you book at the right time for the best price. This line of toiletries exclusively offered on Viking Cruises is inspired by Freyja,the Norse goddess of love, beauty, fertility, divination and magic. Although at home I am a devotee of Yardley Lavender, another unisex line, this custom fragrance is now runninga close second. Bon voyage! (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. It should not be a word of mouth deal, I.e., counting on somebody who knows the score to share that knowledge with the newbies on the scene. No tokens or quarters! Glad your trip was such a wonderful memorable experience! Without question, the onboard coffee and cookie station was a regular hangout of ours. Tips For Travellers 2023. Viking estimates that their amenities are worth about $200, per guest, per day. These have balconies which you can sit out on, slightly smaller cabin than the Verandah Suites. Reviewing the shore excursions is particularly important when considering what to pack for a river cruise in Europe, as most cruise itineraries offer a range of cultural evening excursions such as the opera or ballet. The Sun Deck is a great place to hang out, even if youre in port, and a lot of people go and sit out there have a drink and just soak in the whole atmosphere of the port. At the front of the lounge, right on the bow of the ship, is whats known as Aquavit. Bear in mind on river cruise ships, and this is true also on Viking, the cabins are pretty small because you dont have a huge amount of space. January 19, 2018. best class to play neverwinter 2021. A river cruise schedule can be quite busy. While this is undoubtedly true, many equate this with the need to dress up during the cruise. Our stateroom steward leftfresh fruit daily. Viking river cruise amenities are designed to pamper passengers with the ultimate in creature comforts. Just an example of Vikings ongoing TLC. Lets talk about some of the things that you will not find onboard a Viking Longship. A lightweight travel scarf is great for additional sun protection on the neck and shoulders and comes in very handy when visiting places of worship. Congratulations on your 45th anniversary, and please let us know how everything goes! Not the low power dryers permanently attached to the wall as you find in many hotels. If your medication appears on a banned medications list for that country, ensure you have the appropriate paperwork and approvals before leaving home. Whether it be road trips across America, fly-drives to international destinations, or cruises on the mighty waters, I invite you to use Backroad Planets destination stories, travel guides, and planning resources to design your own adventures. Weve rounded up the Best Luggage Trackers and Smart Tags to help you find lost luggage fast. Our October cruise is Frances Finest, which is a 2-part cruise, Paris and the Heart of Normandy being the first half. Anyone who knows me well knows that I am most definitely NOT a party animal. The machines are a lot simpler to use. The Viking Emerald has a small exercise room and sauna, and some of the river ships in Europe have exercise bikes onboard. Even better, they were there to greet uswhen we returned with warm, moist towels and tasty tidbitssuch as Chef Axels handmade chocolate truffles. What services and conveniences do you think are essential to river cruise travel? Save the space in your bag. Also, on this level you have the reception area with guest services and a small shop which sells a wide range of Viking branded merchandise and other things related to Viking or the cruise or the country that youre sailing through. With this in mind, consider baggage weight allowances if your river cruise includes domestic flights within the country. We had never done a river cruse before. So glad to help with the tips. Although this list is not numbered inorder of importance, in this case, I truly saved the best for last. Since I wrote this piece, I have also done the Viking Basel to Amsterdam Rhine Getaway. If sailing on Viking ocean cruises, there are numerous guest laundries available to use free of charge on each deck. Thanks for sharing about your upcoming Viking cruise. If you use a straightener or curler, you will need to bring this. All are the same size, layout and design. Even the summer months in some parts of Europe can be unpredictable. You want to be comfortable and dont want to fall victim to pickpockets. Hi! There is also a small shop on board should you require something urgently. Related: Take a Look on Board Viking Ocean Cruises, Best Cruise Purse for Evening Excursions and Onboard, the Best Anti Theft Handbags and Purses for Travel, best and most stylish fanny packs for travel here, A Complete Guide to the Best Anti-theft Travel Gear, mens travel jackets with hidden pockets here, Buying Guide to the Best Pickpocket Proof Clothing for Travel. Do the Viking ocean ships have either self-laundry or send-out laundry options for their clients? Learn more from our first-hand experiences sailing with Viking Expeditions, Rivers, and Oceans at the links below. Not high priced. Best way to get from Heathrow to Eurostar at St Pancras? Its also a place where people will come out if youre going through locks. I am now officially excited. We love all things Viking! Easier to build and still capable of carrying plenty of bounty, the Snekkja was probably the most popular Viking longship. 1-2 Long sleeved sweaters depending on the season. Kim & David. Thanks for any intel on this subject. 1 pair of flip-flops or similar for relaxing in your cabin. We did not send out laundry, although it was available. dont tell anyone I jumped shipwith a set of shampoo, soap, and body wash! FREE. Are there Laundry Facilities on Board There is a laundry service onboard the Viking river cruises. While the cabin itself may not be that spacious, there is plenty of drawer and cupboard space to stow your things. Viking river cruises are not dressy, so you do not need to worry about begin underdressed. To avoid overpacking for your cruise choose clothing that will work for multiple combinationsso you can mix and match outfits. It will also be a great introduction to river cruising before you get hooked like us! It can also dress up an outfit for evenings. A lightweight jacket or sweater for cooler weather. We have cruised the Danube between Nuremburg and Budapest, and you will love it. The Viking Beyla and Viking Astrild are two identical river cruise ships sailing the Elbe River in the Czech Republic and eastern Germany for Viking Cruises. We learned on our recent Grand European Tourthat a Viking river cruise is everything you dream it will be and so much more. . do viking longships have laundry facilities? Because Viking river cruises are more intimate with only 190 passengers, you will make lots of friends who will welcome you to join them on excursions and during cocktail hours. With their innovative patented design, al fresco Aquavit Terrace and understated elegance, Viking Longships provide the most rewarding way to explore Europe. Hi my husband and I also did the Grand European Tour in August 2014 and agree with every word which the writer has eloquently written. We are planning the Grand European river cruise next June to celebrate our 60th anniversary, backed up with the iconic Western Mediterranean ocean cruise. Too many people forget about sun protection when sightseeing around cities and local attractions. Awesome, Joe! I did this cruise in December, so it had the added bonus of Christmas Markets, but it is the same itinerary you will do, although perhaps in the opposite direction. Self-service laundry, including. Windproof & Lightweight Folding Travel Umbrella. Disclaimer: Our articles may contain affiliate links. In your case it may not matter because Viking is an adults-only cruise line. Please note that clothes cannot be dry cleaned on board. Dont forget to carry some hand sanitiser with you. Its pretty safe to say your expectations will be exceeded because Viking always overdelivers. Also, choose shoes with a good grip. We are approaching our Rhine Getaway in 40 days (May10th). Axle is Howards occasional road trip buddy. You have questions - we have answers. Some cabins (Junior Suite and above) get laundry included with cabin benefits. After showering and shampooing, oftentwice a daywithFreyja Collection products, I am a true fan. You are here: who is mustang sally sopranos? Karvi. I did ours in the evening. Free Cruise Planning 1.800.377.9383 QUICK. Telling me to select a program and only give me some icon that merely hints at what it means - if you only had the magic decoder ring along with what other controls (water temp etc) are enabled or disabled based on your program selection - would be most appreciated. Thanks! I think it is always best to book your excursions as soon as possible. Thanks Linda, for always being such a supportive reader and friend. I do know that you will be cruising on the Viking Sky, which is a sister ship to the Viking Star. One thing I'd like and will comment on before we leave is to have better instructions. There is a fee for this service. But Viking celebrations are not that way. There are no formal nights and recommended evening dress is elegant casual such as a dress, skirt or slacks with a sweater or blouse for ladies; for gentlemen, trousers and a collared shirt. Hope this helps, and enjoy your cruise! Spacious staterooms, indoor and outdoor dining venues and panoramic views enrich your travel experience. Begin each day refreshed in any of our five categories of spacious rooms, including some of the largest suites at sea. 5 7 Tops to mix and match with bottoms. Thank you so much! When reviewing the river cruise itinerary, look carefully at any excursions you may want to take or have already booked. Your info is most helpful. All were exceptional. Hi Ann! Swimsuit if the itinerary or excursions call for it. There are suites, verandah Cheers! You can find our top-rated womens travel jackets here and mens travel jackets with hidden pockets here. The best bag for a shore excursion is one that is not too bulky, comfortable to wear, practical and has goodanti-theft features. Great Great Time. Thanks in Advance where is gabriella quevedo now benefits of 8 mukhi rudraksha do viking longships have laundry facilities? Travel tips and destination guides by experienced travellers from all over the world. When youre sailing through beautiful Now we have a better idea what to expect and it looks like our expectations will be exceeded! My travel life spans more than three decades and that includes more than 95 cruises. I am sure they have taxis and probably Uber and/or Lyft, as well. Paid laundry services are available on all Viking River Cruises ships. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases. The Black Forest tour from Breisach, was a little commercial, but I loved hiking the trails and seeing the waterfall and historical buildings. You will be doing a lot of walking around towns and cities on a river cruise. But nice, comfortable slide sandals are perfect for on board. Bluffworks Lightweight Travel Utility Scarf. Along with certain wines and beer, soft drinks are free too at lunch and dinner. I know you will love it! Jerry and I just returned from a journey down the most ancient of backroads, on a 15-day Grand European river cruise through five countries on three rivers. Bon voyage! These talentedprofessionals were responsible for making the magic happen for all of us, and they did. We will be doing the Rhine River Cruise. We are so excited and cant wait to experience all the great things we have heard and read about. Thanks for sharing, Nora! I am so excited for you! All Rights Reserved. I have found that the car rental is about 20% less expensive at the train station than at the airport through Sixt. However, even with all the great packing hacks we mention here, the secret to packing for a cruise is still to pack light. Think practical anti-theft crossbody purses that cant be overfilled (for comfort), dont stand out yet still look good. Congratulations on your 60th anniversary. Theres the Explorer Suite at the rear of the ship, and these have a separate lounge, separate bedroom and bathroom.
Philadelphia Cream Cheese Flavors Ranked, Female Celebrities That Weigh 150, Atkins Apprenticeship, Articles D