Be sure to take a ride on historic Engine No. The man-made lake and surroundings are very picturesque, and the placement of the Paratrooper on a small island in the middle of all the action is the icing on the cake. You are able to go in and out of the park with a stamp, so you can pack a cooler in your car and come out and enjoy a picnic lunch. The Canadian border is approximately 90 miles north. Especially for a Theme Park vacation! In October, the park is open evenings on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. One just isn't enough sometimes, so you and your family can enjoy either of our two huge wave pools. Boulder Beach expansion including Velocity Peak speed slides. Its surprisingly not as nausea-inducing as one might think, but definitely not for those with weaker stomachs. Most of the rides for young children can be found in Garfield's Summer Camp (although none of the rides are themed to the sardonic feline). This is also the best ride in the park. The biggest complaints I have are the ones Ive had for 30 years, limited food selections and limited resting spots. Since its tough (more like impossible) to rate a roller coaster against an entertaiment offering or kiddie ride, please keep in mind our ratings are intended to be used to compare against attractions of a similar genre. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher. The park doesn't have bumper cars, but it does offer bumper boats. You can get up and have a nice leisurely morning where you are staying, and still get to the park on time. Among the park's standout eateries is Chuckwagon John. The single-rail Raptor model was manufactured by Rocky Mountain Construction, who is headquartered 20 minutes south of the park. Its height accounts for the "giant" part of the description. Silverwood Lake. Low Intensity. These cars were made for those without a license. If you like waiting in line, *sometimes* in the shade out of 100 degree direct sunlight, this is the place for you. - See 1,358 traveler reviews, 407 candid photos, and great deals for Athol, ID, at Tripadvisor. Hard packed, rocky, and some soft trails from easy to black diamond . Splash the day away through all kinds of geysers and fountains. The Silverwood theme park is the largest theme park in the Northeast region, spread across an area of 221 acres. June 29, 2022. This is about the best ice cream deal around! We then went into the movie theater to watch the old black and white movies and share the soda and popcorn. There is tons of parking ($5 daily) across the highway from the park and a walkway underneath the highway to get to the park. Boulder Beach water park is open, weather permitting, from June through Labor Day. At one point, bandits threaten to rob the train. All information found on this website is completely independent of Silverwood Theme Park When visiting any theme park, one of the most commonly considered questions is inevitably What rides are we going to do? Or perhaps more appropriately, What rides do we not want to miss? Unfortunately, the answer to these questions can be very subjective and dependent upon many factors. Thats competing against all other male performers at every other theme park in the WORLD. "Inverted" refers to the way that the trains are affixed to the track. It is a combination of a theme park section and then their waterpark, called Boulder Beach. 2-Day Ticket - PRESEASON SALE. I am just wondering how it is these days. Will you stay low or fly high? When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. I'm planning a visit to Silverwood in summer 2023 for myself and 2 13-year-olds. If you have some extra time, its worth stopping by. MORE INFO. You can read about all of the changes they have made in response to the Coronoavirus here. Silverwood always makes for a fun family vacation! View all hotels near Silverwood Theme Park on Tripadvisor, View all restaurants near Silverwood Theme Park on Tripadvisor, View all attractions near Silverwood Theme Park on Tripadvisor, Hotels near Blooming Fields Lavender Farm, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks in Athol, Desert Adventure: Luxury Picnic, Off-Road & Sandboarding, Boat trip to the Zingaro and Scopello Reserve, 2-Hour Electric Bike Rental in Peoria and Glendale, Half-Day Lima City Sightseeing, Cathedral & Santo Domingo Convent, Pula Kayak Tour: explore Blue cave with kayak + snorkeling & swimming. Kiddie Wheel 2/10 Small enclosed Ferris Wheel ride only small children are able to ride. Walk up a mountain trail, climb aboard a raft, and splash your way down a 650' slide before landing in a below-ground canyon! Located in Critter Camp, the Climbing Trees are a great place to relax and let your kids entertain themselves. Plus, the kids can keep them as a souvenir afterwards (just dont run them through the dishwasher or they will melt). Tinywood becomes Garfield's Summer Camp. The Silverwood Show: Undercover Steph (Ride Operator), Water Balloon Challenge. It climbs 40 feet before plunging passengers at 30 mph to a splashdown finale. Weekends are usually terribly busy. Thanks! I stayed to the amusement park side and did not go into the waterpark. This is their Elephant ride, similar to the one you will find at Disneyland. Its out in the middle of the hot sun and doesnt do much. However, our 2018 visits saw this problem completely rectified, with the ride ops ensuring that all rafts were completely full. In addition to reduced-price tickets, the park offers picnic facilities and dining packages for groups. Do they offer bounce back tickets if we decide we want to do a 2nd day at Silverwood? Silverwood Theme Park 1,358 Reviews #2 of 6 things to do in Athol Water & Amusement Parks, Water Parks, Theme Parks 27843 N Highway 95, Athol, ID 83801-8624 Open today: Closed Save mandylynnkk 1 43 Fun but not for the fat Review of Silverwood Theme Park Reviewed July 9, 2014 Silverwood was beautiful, prices a lot cheaper than disneyland. The employees were not the most efficient lot, which causes some negatives. Again, Silverwood has done a lot to keep this ride up to date, re-tracking most if not all of it within the past few years. This family-fun ride gives you the feeling youre flying freely among the clouds, yet mild enough for all ages. Hangar is turned into an air museum. There is a section with thrill rides (like the Aftershock, Silverwoods biggest thrill ride) that is perfect for teens and tweens seeking more adventure. It really is kept up well, and beautiful! Located in beautiful North Idaho, Silverwood Theme Park has over 65 rides, slides, shows and attractions, including four roller coasters, Boulder Beach Water Park, a steam engine train, live entertainment, restaurants, and more. From early October through the end of the month, the park transforms into "Scarywood" and presents its Halloween event with haunted mazes, scare zones, and themed entertainment. Its the first of its kind in the world. Crab Flats Campground and OHV Area Located in the San Bernardino mountains between Arrowhead and Big Bear about 6,200 feet. We went the week before on a Friday night and walked right up to the rides. In this post, we provide you with a comprehensive guide through all of Silverwoods top rides and attractions. This post may contain affiliate links and I may be compensated for this post. Aftershock 8.5/10 Giant Inverted Boomerang from Vekoma, relocated from Six Flags Great America back in 2008. One of our favorites is the train ride. A 27 mile dirt fire road that connects highway 39 to highway 2, great for a day trip ride, peaks out at about 5000 feet and has one small water crossing, I've hit snow in the winter, the water crossing is about 20 miles into the ride, must get permit ahead of time from ranger station . Located in Garfield . As you leave the loading station, you slowly climb up the first hill until you're 100 feet in the air looking down into the first underground tunnel. It climbs 85 feet and drops 99 feet into the first of four underground tunnels. Silverwood has a campground right on site, if you want to stay in the closest possible location. (SAVE $30 OFF GATE PRICE) QTY 2199. The ice cream cones at the Creamery were huge! During the ride youll learn about local history, fun facts about the park, and catch a glimpse of some Sasquatch lore in the woods if you look closely. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. We missed seeing the magic show due to it being packed with people. Each ride operator is also trained and certified in each ride or . They even sell these on the train ride, and you can find them at the candy store and other locations throughout the park. We are going in a few weeks and Im trying to be as prepared as I can be with a tween and a 2.5 year old! I do not believe they do Amie, but we will look into that to see if we can get a more official answer. That makes this perfect for families with little ones. Pretty clean. There are lots of small kiddie rides, and lots of big thrill rides, but very few of what wed call family rides that would cater to a wider age range. Silverwood began teasing their new addition on social media, announcing on September 3, 2020 that a new ride would open in 2021. It made what was supposed to be a fun family vacation a huge disappointment. What restaurants are near Silverwood Theme Park? See our schedule for park hours on the day of your visit. our guides perform touchless social . The stunts performed are fun and exciting, the special effects are impressive, and the train robbers really know how to work the crowd. Food. Silverwood celebrates 30 years, Boulder Beach celebrates 15, Toy Store expanded. In 2010, Scarywood returned on a larger, grander scale with more to do. Over the years, Silverwood has grown in both size and popularity, transforming from a small local amusement park to a regional theme park destination. Stunt Pilot should have a similar, if not identical, layout and should be equally impressive. The most significant change is that you will need to purchase your ticket for a specific day or days that you plan to visit (there are a few tickets that allow some flexibility but will cost a bit more we share more about that in our Silverwood Tickets Post here). Other locations serve pizza, ice cream, Mexican favorites, subs, and kettle corn, as well as other treats. Be warned: if you sit in the middle car (the one with no roof) you are going to get wet during the show. I find that feeding your family on a Silverwood vacation does not cost me anymore then feeding them outside of the park (if we were to go out to eat). Annies Creative Girls Club 2 Craft Kits 75% off ! 55.8 feet tall with 405.9 feet of slide. Dry is not an option when you enter this kids area. Our grand children visited from Texas and we wanted to treat them to a visit Silverwood. Tree House 6/10 Fun play structure for little kids next to the Tiny Toot Coaster. MORE INFO. They are often all rented out by mid day. One other complaint is the long walk from parking lot to park. Overall we had an ok time but probably better to go during the week to avoid crowds and be able to get on all the rides. We have a full review of this resort here. This year, Silverwood is celebrating its 34th anniversary. They include a Frog Hopper mini-tower ride, a Puppy-Go-Round, and a climbing structure. We have been to a number of theme parks, and one of my kiddos rates this as her favorite ride at all of them! If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Up, down and around you go on the Kiddie Wheel. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Taking breaks is a good idea, we ate at the main st restaurant on day two and it was a nice hour long break. CLIMBING TREES. Tina. He has been covering theme parks, amusement parks, water parks, and attractions for TripSavvy since 2002. Snacks are a super deal at Silverwood (compared to other tourist locations). Stunt Pilot will be the 4th. If so, you will want to consider Silverwood Theme Park if you have not already visited. We hope youll find this helpful as you narrow down your agenda for a day at the park, and we look forward to hearing what your ratings are for Silverwoods rides and attractions. We visited early last season, and the park was exceptionally clean. The park offers Read 2 Ride, which rewards students who complete the program's reading requirements with free tickets. h8u9axf6f5vdcj82gfzgfktx7y4z5mx5x28xpnihwpi. Kindly, The Aftershock is my adventure seeker childs favorite ride. Today it usually screens older films. And last, outdoor music at many points in the park was too loud. It is a wonderful getaway that will cost you MUCH less than Disneyland, but offers great family fun, shorter lines, and there are a number of other things you can do in Northern Idaho beyond just the theme park. Spanning over 3,100 feet and lasting 1:40, the long and narrow layout of Tremors occupies a lot of real estate. Thank you! As like every other family with toddlers, we pull a wagon. Date of experience: May 2021. MORE INFO, A nice, relaxing, and dry ride right up until that drop at the end that is. You will also find all of the employees wearing masks. Its an easy short vacation (we usually take 4 days out of the week to head over). Big bummer. Welcome to Silverwood Theme Park! There are also plenty of rides for young children to enjoy as well. Was there on a Friday and Saturday, and the Saturday was extremely crowded with long lines for everything. Parking at Silverwood will cost you $5 per day, so not a bad price if you need to do that (update for 2020 parking was free during our June visit, not sure if that will change as the park gets busier or not). Tremors was the other above average coaster but a one train operation kept the line a little longer than it should. Today, Silverwood is the largest theme and water park in the American Northwest on 413-acre (1,670,000 m 2) and boasting more than 70 rides, slides, shows. Here you will find tons of information on the park as well as opportunities to share your own personal thoughts and comments. In this review, we'll share ride stats, background info, and our thoughts on this ride. The Roller Coaster Alley team made a visit to Silverwood Theme Park on May 29 th and 30 th for the Memorial Day Weekend and the grand opening of the new Rocky Mountain Construction (RMC) single rail "raptor" coaster, Stunt Pilot. All of these things make it not only a fun theme park getaway, but I do not leave Silverwood as exhausted as I do other parks I have visited. The good: easy parking, easy entry. First, the bad. MORE INFO. Couple this with one of the better food-offerings in the park, and youve got a winner all-around. The newest roller coaster, Stunt Pilot, was a 5 minute wait most of the day. . It is a mirrored version of Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster at Six Flags Fiesta Texas.. History. #Chuckwagon. Rounding out the park's coasters are Krazy Koaster, a family spinning coaster (in which the cars spin as they race forward) that travels along a figure-eight track and Tiny Toot, a kiddie coaster that is themed as a mine train. Last but certainly not least, let us know what other topics you'd like to see covered. Your email address will not be published. Also, hotels are pretty booked, so we are looking at doing an airbnb. I almost gave it a 2 just for this, we literally spent 3-4 hours of our visit waiting in lines for rides and slides, and maybe more. The onsite water park, Boulder Beach, is included with general admission. We are a one-stop resource for ways to save money all around the Pacific Northwest! There are things to do for the entire family. In addition to the water attractions, there are swim up bars to get something to drink in the lazy river area. 100% outdoors and away from crowds, fully online processes and digital "paperwork", no need to walk into any office or store. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. At Silverwood, you can prove them wrong. very few guests are wearing masks I discovered a food joint in the little kid area that didnt have much of a line and also a pizza stand back by Cork Screw roller coaster. Butterflyer 7/10 Pitched as a giant swingset ride, wed call this basically a kiddie version of an S&S Scremain Swing. Will you stay low or fly high? A 6-person racing waterslide. Ages: 65+. (And yes, there. Boulder Beach is included with the price of admission, making visits on days when it is open a good value. Hosting and narrating the ride are Old West characters such as Marshall Jack. Known as Raptor track rides, another example includes Wonder Woman: Golden Lasso Coaster at Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio. The classic of classic rides, enjoy the ride on and the sights from the Ferris Wheel. One price gets you into both parks for the day. Have fun! Do I need 2 days if I want to visit both the coasters and the water park? Disclaimer Silverwood provided my family park passes for this review. Instead of the traditional two rails, the track will incorporate one fairly narrow rail. They have also made some tasteful changes to the park to help folks keep 6 ft apart in lines. Tremors accelerates to 50 mph. Silverwood is open on weekends and select weekdays in the spring. Along the way, passengers can see bison and other real animals as well as Sasquatch. For some reason, this is one of the most intense drop towers weve ridden, even more so than taller models by the likes of S&S. Youll also see the parks bison heard, where there are usually one or two baby bison out roaming. and now there are over 70 rides, slides, shows and attractions! This is the sandwich option at the Saloon. I recommend getting there at least 30 minutes before show time, to order and get settled. So what if you have a party of 5 and one is using the rest room when your name is finally called to be seated. Experience hairpin turns, aerobatic maneuvers and 3 inversions as the coaster speeds through heart-stopping obstacles before returning back to the hanger.
Sun Communities Pet Policy, Is Inquiries Journal A Reliable Source, Royalties For T Shirt Design, Hydnophytum Propagation, Why Is My Fidelity Account Restricted, Articles R